Online shopping has become popular over the years. We can now shop from our favourite brands and stores from the comfort of our home or anywhere for that matter. Yes, if you are a person like me, who would just sit around and shop all day, get comfortable because I have some hacks that you will thank me for.
Here are some online shopping hacks that you must know:
Online Shopping Hacks
- Sign up for newsletters
This is probably one of the most obvious hacks. But one that works! Do not ignore those little pop ups when you go to favourite online store and here is why. Online shops send out weekl,y even daily newsletters with deals, discounts and the best one yet, when they are having FREE shipping. Yes! Who doesn’t love a good deal? Most online stores also offer discounts for first time shoppers. Here are some of my favourites which offers first timers discounts: Forever21, Boohoo, Shein, WetSeal, Colourpop, plus much more.
There many perks that comes with signing for newsletters.
2. Look for sites that offers FREE shipping
Some sites offer free shipping most of the time if not all the time. Search for those sites that you love and stick to them. You will shop way more and save way less.
3. If you are not sure about an item, put it in your cart and leave the site without completing the purchase.
I accidentally did this and it was my best mistake yet. Some brands/stores send you an email with even further discounts when they realize that you have not checked out an item that is in your cart. Cool right? One site that I know for sure that does this is Boohoo. I accidentally left an item in my cart and boom! there was a discount email…You’re welcome!
4. Use advance search or filters
If you go to your favourite site and you can’t afford the item that you want. You can filter the search from low to high for cheaper items that looks just as great. You might also discover additional items that were not thinking of buying initially.
5. Favourite items that you love but cannot afford to purchase at the time and then get updates when they go on sale. You can also add items to a wishlist on some sites.
6. Follow your favourite brands or stores on social media for specials discounts not posted anywhere else. Most brands offer discounts on their Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages. Some even run giveaways. Shein does this a lot on Twitter and Instagram. You’re welcome!
7. Shop your favourite brands through rewards sites like Ebates
You can earn points and get cash back on purchases you were planning to make either way when you use Ebates. Ebates will send you a check every three months with the cash back you’ve earned.
8. Ask for discounts directly.
Yup many persons do not think about doing this, because they are afraid that the brands will not respond or turn them down. That is a risk you will have to take. Since of late most stores have the chat feature, where you can speak with an agent in real time. You can ask for discounts there or send personal emails to the customer care team. What do you have to lose?
9. Shop Thursdays, Fridays and Even on Saturdays.
Most sites send out newsletters with a lot of deals and discounts on such days.
10 Some sites have bonus points programs.
Once such site is Shein. When you signup for bonus points programs, you can earn points when you review products you previously purchase, for connecting your social media accounts and sharing the brands clothing.
I hope you find these tips helpful. If you know of anymore tips that you would like to add; drop them in the comments section and I will update the list.
Side note: Search, search and search some more for items that you need and compare prices. Ensure you read customer reviews to get different perspectives on a site or their products. Buy from reputable sellers when doing online shopping.