I love me some Adele, I love her music and I love her British accent. Ever since Adele came on the music scene, I have been in love with her voice and her writing style. Whenever I obsess about someone this much, I try to know more about, I watch youTube videos of live performances, interviews, read articles and of course I have a playlist with all their music. As I am sure we all do when we have a favourite artiste. My favourite song from adele is “One and Only” I will forever and ever love that song; It touches me in ways I cannot explain. Do you love Adele too? yes? well read on, because I will be sharing things about her that you probably did not know.
1. Adele was mentioned in the Guinness World Records several times for her second studio album, 21. 21 held the top position longer than any other album since 1985. She is also the first female in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 to have 3 simultaneous top 10 singles as a lead artist, and two singles in the top 5 of Billboard Hot 100.
2. Adele does not read. So much that the last time she read a book was when she was six years old.
3. Adele used to impersonate the Spice Girls at dinner parties, when she was younger.
4. She swears a lot. Yup, Adele is not afraid to drop a few ‘F’ bombs here and there.
5. She gets nervous too. Adele is anxiety ridden. She suffers from stage fright and panic attacks. “I’m scared of audiences,” she told Rolling Stone magazine. “One show in Amsterdam, I was so nervous I escaped out the fire exit. I’ve thrown up a couple of times.
6. Adele is musically inclined, well obviously since her songs are basically ruling the world. But seriously guys, when she was a child Adele learned to play the clarinet and the guitar.
7. She’s the first female in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 chart to have three singles in the top 10 at the same time.
8. She smoked a lot! She used to smoke (about 20 cigarettes a day). “I absolutely loved it, but it’s not that f–king cool when I’m dying from a smoking-related illness and my kid is, like, devastated,” she told Rolling Stone magazine.
9. Her latest single is fire. Adele’s latest single “hello” might I had that I am addicted, has over 200+ million views on youtube already, after being posted on October 22, 2015.
10. She has an alter ego. Like most of us do, Adele has an alter ego when she appears on stage, called: Sasha Carter. (A combination of Beyoncé’s Sasha Fierce and singer June Carter).
11. Adele was offered her first record deal after a friend posted a demo of her singing on Myspace.
12. She has one a the biggest-selling albums of this century. Her album 21 is biggest-selling album of the 21st century.
13. Adele is British. Just in case you have not picked up on this one before.
14. Adele loves love. So much that she once cancelled her U.S. tour dates to be with an ex-boyfriend.
15. Her mom had her at 18. Adele’s mom, Penny Adkins had her when she was 18 years of age.
Share your thoughts below.